A step-by-step group piano curriculum designed to equip teachers with plans, materials, and resources to give young beginners the best start at the piano.
Piano Instruction for Young Bodies and Minds
Piano Detectives Club is tailored specifically to the developmental abilities and needs of young children aged 5-7 years old. Vibrant lesson plans make use of students’ natural curiosity and wonderment, and diverse group and individual activities accommodate the wiggles and enthusiasm of these young musicians. As a part of Piano Detectives Club, students receive:
- One hour of weekly group class instruction
- A mini-private lesson within each group class session
- Take-home materials and assignments for at-home follow up and enrichment
- Personalized Piano Detectives Club zipper tote bag
The Highest Pedagogical Standards
Piano Detectives Club curriculum has received national recognition for its effectiveness in helping young beginners achieve high quality musicianship. Webinar training, detailed class plans, customized classroom materials, and online support promote innovative, yet sensible, teaching strategies that are informed by current piano pedagogy and child psychology. Piano Detectives Club addresses the development of the whole child and ensures that students receive experience and instruction in:
- Musical performance
- Written theory
- Ear training
- Technical skills
- Developing successful practice habits
- Independent learning and discovery
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
Student and Classroom Materials Second to None
Children often need to encounter new skills and ideas several times before they experience complete mastery. The Piano Detectives Club curriculum integrates an extensive arsenal of teaching tools included as a part of the Teacher Kit and Student Detective Kit. The library of visuals, activities, games, and manipulatives within the kits facilitate a multi-sensory learning experience and ensure that each student is empowered to achieve mastery. Additional printable materials are available via the curriculum’s online resources.
Equipping Teachers for Success
Piano Detectives Club is a comprehensive program and curriculum designed to maximize piano teachers’ success with young beginners. Teachers have access to extensive support throughout the year as a part of the Piano Detectives Club community:
- Webinar training and licensing provides teachers with a time- and cost-effective way of getting started.
- Teacher Kit and Detective Kits outfit students and your studio classroom with necessary supplies.
- Marketing supplies help instructors advertise their program and provide suggestions for student tuition rates.
- Licensed teachers have access to the Piano Detectives Club library of printable materials as well as a catalogue of curriculum-specific teaching demonstration videos.
- Forums and quarterly Q&A webinar sessions provide additional teacher support and encourage instructors to interact with others in the Piano Detectives Club community.